Types of information collected
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, such as your name, address, other contact details and other information relevant to providing you with the services you are, or someone else you know is, seeking.
Purpose of collection
Generally, we will collect and use your personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
• Providing services to you or someone else you know;
• Processing an application you have made;
• Acting as your agent if you request us to do so;
• Undertaking various activities required by law,
• Providing you with information about other services that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with offer, that may be of interest to you;
• Providing you with promotional information about us, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with;
• Facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
• Analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
Methods of collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email or through a telephone conversation
with you. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal
information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information
has been collected.
If you access our website, we may collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP (internet Protocol) address and domain name Also, our website uses
may serve you more effectively,
Use and Disclosure
Generally, we only use and disclose personal information about you for the purposes of which it was collected (as set out above) Although, we may disclose personal information about you to:
• A purchaser of the assets and operations of our business, providing those assets and operations are purchased as a going concern
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Get Outside Australia takes data security very seriously. Your personal information is stored in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. All reasonable measures are taken to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures. We use 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology that protects information as it is sent from your browser to our secure server 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard.
Access and Correction
You may access the personal information we hold about you, upon making a written request. We will endeavour to provide you with access to the information requested within 30 days. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request. We may decline a request for access to personal information where the Privacy Act requires us to do
so. If upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
For vour information about privacy in general, vou can visit the Federal Policy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au